Sunday 19 June 2011

A Side Project

I recently offered my help in art department to a former teacher of mine Clint Cure who is currently completing a masters at the VCA. His film entitled The Retribution is part animation part live action and sits somewhere between sin city and a Tim Burton horror comic. Its a stylized piece shot in black white with heavy contrasts.

One of the key props is a antique Gothic style candle stick usually retailing at around 40 plus dollars. When a prop rips into a tight budget the best thing to do is to make one yourself.
I found this online article about DIY candle sticks.

http://733blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/cw-diy-floor-candlesticks.html


Bunnings has pre-made posts which cost about 8 dollars each. I cut of the piece of post I needed, and used the candle stick top from another candle stick and glued it to the top of the post for a more authentic look. I painted it black and gave it a grey trimmings. The final product cost under 15 dollars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment